OVERVIEW: Provides an environment where older adults can socialize and participate in group activities including recreation day trips, education,physical fitness, arts and crafts. Computer access is also offered.
1) TRANSPORTATION: Delmarva Community Transit provides round-trip transportation to the Senior Center. Call 410-778-5187 more than 72 hours before transportation is needed.
2) SENIOR INFO. AND ASSISTANCE KENT COUNTY: (See separate listing.)
3) SHOPPING FOR SENIORS: Provides shopping assistance for individuals that cannot shop for themselves. Request are taken over the phone and payment for items are made upon delivery.
5) HOME-DELIVERED MEALS: Provides eligible home bound adults 60 years of age and older. A minimum contribution of $2.50 is suggested for all meals and also provides nutrition education.
6) SENIOR LEGAL ASSISTANCE: Provides limited, prioritized legal services to person ages 60 and older not involving litigation. Call 410-822-2869 for information.
7) SENIOR HEALTHSCOPE: Provides disease prevention and health promotion activities for older citizens.
8) CURB ABUSE IN MEDICARE & MEDICAID (CAMM): Offered to Medicare and Medicaid clients so they will understand all statements and reading materials in hopes that incidents of fraud and abuse can be identified and reported.
9) WEATHERIZATION: Provides assistance to low-income eligible applicants of all ages. Helps control energy costs in their homes by way of preventive measures such as insulation, replacement of windows and doors, minor roof repairs, caulking and weather stripping. Call 410-778-6000 for more information.
10) STATE HEALTH INSURANCE PROGRAM (SHIP): See separate listing.
11) TAX ASSISTANCE 2013: Offers free tax preparation to anyone with low-moderate income. Begins on Feb 5- Apr 13, 2013. Appointments can be made for Tues & Sat 9AM-1PM.