SUPPLEMENTAL FOOD: Offers free food benefits provided monthly to eligible low-income households that allows them to purchase food from participating stores. Clients are given an independence card similar to a bank debit card to access benefits. In addition, applicants may be eligible for expedited food stamps. Applicants who are eligible for expedited food stamps may receive them within seven days if their resources are less than $100 and gross monthly income is less than $150 for the past month, or if their income and resources are less than their monthly housing cost. Migrant/seasonal workers and qualified aliens may be eligible for food stamp benefits and should call for more information on eligibility requirements.
APPLICATION: Applicant must bring the following to any DSS office: Bank account books; utility bills; verification of rent or mortgage payments; the last 5 or 6 pay stubs; birth certificates and Social Security numbers for the entire household; utility bills; unemployment compensation receipts; and their award letter from SSI, Social Security or V.A.
ELIGIBILITY: Persons or families are eligible if they meet income requirements listed below. If all in the household are under age 60, assets (cash, vehicles, securities, personal property or bank accounts) may not exceed $2000. Households with at least one member aged 60 or older are allowed assets up to $3000. One car is allowed per household, regardless of the car's value.
If you need to change your SNAP benefits information contact your case manager or the Food Stamp Information Change Center: 410-853-3077.
Effective Oct 1, 2013-Sept 30, 2014
Household size Gross monthly income
Each additional member $414.
1) DUNBAR: 313 North Gay Street, 21202. Phone: 443-423-5944.
2) DUNBAR/ ORANGEVILLE: 2919 East Biddle Street, 21213.
Phone: 443-423-5100 & 443-423-5200.
3) HILTON HEIGHTS: 500 North Hilton Street, 21229.
4) HARBOR VIEW: 18 Reedbird Avenue, 21225. Phone: 443-423-4700.
5) LIBERTY GARRISON/NORTHWEST: 5818 Reisterstown Road, 21215. Phone: 443-378-4400.
6) MT. CLARE/ SOUTHWEST: 1223 West Pratt Street, 21223.
7) NORTHEAST REGION: 2000 North Broadway, 2nd & 3rd Floors, 21213. Phone: 443-423-6400. Front desk: 443-423-6341.
8) PENN NORTH/ WESTWOOD: 2500 Pennsylvania Avenue, 21217.