OVERVIEW: Provides assistance with screening and applying for Medicaid. Medicaid provides health coverage for some low-income individuals, families, older adults and people with disabilities. Also assists individuals with questions/concerns regarding the Medicare Beneficiary programs.
1) MEDICAID-AGED, BLIND OR DISABLED: Serves individuals 65 and older or who are blind, physically disabled, or developmentally disabled. Requires documentation of disability. Call your local DSS or Maryland Health Connection for income limits for income limits.
2) QUALIFIED MEDICARE BENEFICIARY PROGRAM: Serves individuals who are on Medicare. Pays Part B premiums, co-payments, and deductibles. If you have questions/concerns, please call Medicare at 800-633-4227.
Individual $958 $8,580
Couple $1,293 $13,620
3) SPECIAL LOW-INCOME MEDICARE BENEFICIARY PROGRAM: Serves individuals who are Medicare recipients but who are ineligible for Qualified Medicare Beneficiary Program. Pays only Part B premium. Includes $20 per month income disregard. If you have any questions/concerns, please call Medicare at 800-633-4227.
Individual $959-1,148 $8,580
Couple $1,294-$1,550 $13,620
4) EXPANDED MEDICAL ASSISTANCE: Individuals and families may qualify for health care benefits under the Health Care Reform. Eligibility is based on income limits. If you currently have Medical Assistance and have questions, call the MA Helpline at 800-456-8900. If you are uninsured and seeking to apply for MA call a local DSS, or Maryland Health Connection at 855-642-8572.
Household Size Income Limits
1 Less than $15,856
2 Less than $21,404
3 Less than $26, 951
4 Less than $32,499
5 Less than $38,047
6 Less than $43,595
7 Less than $49,143
8 Less than $54,691
NOTES: Most clients determined to be eligible for Medical Assistance are required to choose a health care provider (Managed Care Organization or MCO). The Managed Care System is called Health Choice and affects all existing Medical Assistance clients and new applicants. Medical Assistance recipients have 21 days to choose an MCO provider and submit forms. If they do not choose a provider within that time frame, they will automatically be assigned one. Home visits are available to assist homebound clients with the application process. Medical Assistance recipients may choose to switch MCO providers on an annual basis during the open enrollment period.
MEDICAL ASSISTANCE MCOs LISTING:
AMERIGROUP Community Group: Call 800-600-4441, available Mon-Fri, 8AM-6PM
Jai Medical System: Call 888-524-1999, available Mon-Fri, 9AM-6PM
Kaiser Permanente: Call 855-249-5019, available Mon-Fri, 7:30AM-5:30PM
Maryland Physicians Care: Call 800-953-8854, available Mon-Fri, 8AM-5PM
MedStar Family Choice: Call 888-404-3549, available Mon-Fri, 8:30AM-5PM
Priority Partners: Call 800-654-9728, available Mon-Fri, 8AM-5PM
Riverside Health of Maryland: Call 800-730-8530, available Mon-Fri, 8AM-5PM
United Healthcare: Call 800-318-8821, available 24 hours/day, 7 days/week
**SAIL QUESTIONS contact DHR Constituent Services at 1-800-332-6347. Available Mon-Fri, 8AM-5PM.**
1) DUNBAR: 313 North Gay Street, 21202. Phone: 443-423-5944.
2) DUNBAR/ ORANGEVILLE: 2919 East Biddle Street, 21213.
Phone: 443-423-5100 & 443-423-5200.
3) HILTON HEIGHTS: 500 North Hilton Street, 21229.
4) HARBOR VIEW: 18 Reedbird Avenue, 21225. Phone: 443-423-4700.
5) LIBERTY GARRISON/NORTHWEST: 5818 Reisterstown Road, 21215. Phone: 443-378-4400.
6) MT. CLARE/ SOUTHWEST: 1223 West Pratt Street, 21223.
7) NORTHEAST REGION: 2000 North Broadway, 2nd & 3rd Floors, 21213. Phone: 443-423-6400. Front desk: 443-423-6341.
8) PENN NORTH/ WESTWOOD: 2500 Pennsylvania Avenue, 21217.