OVERVIEW: Assists individuals with keeping families intact, case management and provides food vouchers.
1. FAMILY PRESERVATION SERVICES: Provides assistance to parents and caretakers with children who have been identified as being vulnerable to numerous forms of abuse or situations that put them at risk for removal from the home. Families can receive or be referred for services such as counseling, psychological and medical evaluations, housing information and assistance, in home aide services, transportation assistance and additional services.
2. SUPPORTIVE SERVICES: Assists with removing barriers to employment while customers transition from welfare to work and approach Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA) time limits. The FSS case manager works closely with the TCA worker at the Family Investment Center. Provides community-based supportive services to at-risk families. May include help with school issues, health care, day care, transportation, utilities, housing, etc., to maintain family stabilization and prevent out-of-home placement. Provides supportive services to disabled adults who receive Temporary Disability Assistance (TDAP), including medical prescriptions, housing assistance, transportation, and utility assistance. Individuals should contact the closest center and request to speak with a service worker.
3. FOOD VOUCHERS: Offers food vouchers to local pantries to anyone in need, regardless of income.
1) CLIFTON JOHNSTON SQUARE: 2000 North Broadway, 2nd floor, Baltimore, MD 21213. Call 443-423-6200.
2) DUNBAR ORANGEVILLE: 2919 East Biddle Street, Baltimore, MD 21213. Call 443-423-5200.
3) HARBOR VIEW: 18 Reedbird Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21225. Call 443-423-4700.
4) HARFORD NORTH: 2000 North Broadway, 3rd floor, Baltimore, MD 21213. Call 443-423-6400.
5) HILTON HEIGHTS: 500 Hilton Street, Baltimore, MD 21229. Call 443-423-4800.
6) NORTHWEST: 5818 Reisterstown Road, Baltimore, MD 21215. Call 443-378-4400.
7) PENN NORTH: 2500 Pennsylvania Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21217. Call 443-423-7600.
8) SOUTHWEST: 1223 Pratt Street, Baltimore, MD 21223. Call 443-423-7800, fax: 443-423-7803.