(Please close this window or tab to return to your search results.)

Program: California Department of Housing and Community Development - Mobilehome Assistance Center

Agency: California Department of Housing and Community Development

Resource Number: 4091990
Alternate name: HCD - Codes and Standards, Previously called Office of the Mobile Home Ombudsman


Receives and processes complaints from the public and from public officials relating to living in manufactured homes, mobile homes, and RV Parks, and employee housing such as labor camps. Provides information, coordination, referrals, and other assistance to help resolve complaints generally related to:

  • Health and safety and occupancy matters relating to the operation of Mobile home and RV parks and employee housing.
  • The purchase, sale, financing, titling and registration of manufactured homes and mobile homes.
  • The installation, inspection, and maintenance or alteration of manufactured homes, mobile home accessory structures, and park grounds.

May directly assist in resolving complaints, however many callers are referred to the appropriate entity for the resolution of their issue.

Program Phones:
Main - Toll Free
Toll Free - Employee Housing Line

Website: www.hcd.ca.gov/manufactured-mobile-home/mobile-home-ombudsman/index.shtml
Email: ombudsman@hcd.ca.gov

Location information
HCD - Codes and Standards - West El Camino  
Location: 2020 West El Camino Avenue, Suite 200

Sacramento, CA 95833
Program Hours:
Monday through Friday 8 am - 5 pm
Bus Service: Regional Transit Bus Lines: 11, 86, 88.
Disabilities Access: ADA compliant.
Mailing Address: PO Box 1407, Sacramento, CA 95812-1407

Program Delivery
Eligibility: Open.
Languages: Most languages by arrangement, Spanish, English
Application Process: Telephone, write, walk-in, email, or visit website.
Payment methods: Fees vary
Program Fees: Varies depending on service.
Documents Required: Varies depending on service.
Service Area:
Defined coverage area:
CA -Statewide

Categorized as:
Local Government Complaints/Ombudsman Offices
Mobile Home Complaints
Government Consumer Protection Agencies
State Government Agencies/Departments

Skip Navigation Links.


Print to PDF
Make PDF